Thursday, February 6, 2014

The end of an era and a legend walks into the sunset

AWNITERYDEHEADER_thumb

The end of an era, this night. Jay Leno said goodbye and good night for the last time. While many might say he’s done that before, I think its real. All kinds of celebrities from Billy Crystal, to Carol Burnett, bid a tear felled adios. Garth Brooks sang two of his best songs, and in the end as he was doing a goodbye speech, Jay really teared up. I think I do too somewhat. I never thought the Tonight Show was worth watching much past Johnny Carson. But Jay did have some great bits. In fact Jay gave an idea that I think that if it had been followed would have saved this entire nation. On one of his monologs Jay said in response to the AIG and numerous bail outs by Obamabeenlyin that if Obama had gave everyone $200,000.00 to do as they pleased, and not be looking for another hand out, that $200K would be a hand up. People could buy houses, buy new cars that would stimulate the car companies, open new business’ which would stimulate the economy as well as put some new tax money in the stash.

I never really was or will be into Jimmy Fallon, running the show, but it might bring in a slightly younger demographic.

Got DirecTV installed today, howl loud enough you get attention. Now I have good TV. Even with the snow and cloud cover I’m getting a good signal , so who cares about Cable-One?

This however is not to say that the move to Utah is not on the hudAWONTHEHUDbut with weather, and circumstances a month or two wait is not that bad. After all, too, I thought with all that I personally have went through since I transplanted myself from Evanston Wyoming to here in late 2006, it’d be nice to complete at least some of what we as a club, and me as person have been through to just up and split for some small unimportant reasons is stupid. Sure there are the asshole web trolls in MHI, that think me exiting is a good idea. But I’m not selling Lexi, or Wolf-Pup to do it. I’d rather stick it out for 3 to 4 months, build this radio gig, strengthen the club, put up the website and leave this damn state with some honor and dignity. May June is just as good as now, and between getting the office and all in the meantime and getting that in proper order, is better than just jumping up and leaving like a whipped Wolf.

Its peaceful here now, a few things slid into place. And omens as obscured sometimes as they are, are still omens or premonitions. I didn’t listen when I left from Pocatello, to Glenn’s Ferry in 2008, I’m not being pushed.

Finally , proof that indecency or decency is for sale at least on TV. No TV station or cable here would run ads for HCC or either of our clubs on any network. Yet I saw KY Jelly, run a few ads on the final Jay Leno show, that simply had the tag, that said, “ Nothing fancy just great sex” No hiding it just outright.

TTYL

PAPPYS SIG COMPANY BANNER


Quote of the Day:
One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.
--Jeffrey Bernard
Psalm 97:10“Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AVI CLUB LOGO HAZZTAIL